LIFE ADVICE//THE APARTMENT


"The Home"on Orange Street where "The Apartment" is located.
In April of 2015 I went to Nantucket to visit my grandparents, uncle, and dad, all local islanders. Little did I know I would be spending the weekend there in the apartment (that is usually rented out) at my grandparents. It's a quaint little space. 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a kitchen, a small hallway and a little living/entry room.

The Kitchen
The place felt like sort of a dreamland, I arrived listening to one of my then new favorite albums (which I will include a small playlist to sum up how the weekend felt). I immediately felt at home when greeted by my grandparents dog, Hugo. He led me up the stairs with my vintage Louis Vuitton suitcase and Kanken backpack. I felt like a Scandinavian princess walking up the pure white stairwell to the apartment.

Hugo the Dog
The weekend there was calming; an escape from a lot of uncontrollable things going on in my life. I watched a few movies alone eating a baguette and cheese. I felt extremely content with myself and it was a self-care remedy. If you ever get to stay alone in a whimsical apartment for a bit, take the chance, it's worth it. 

The Stairwell
The stairwell/fire escape in the apartment was quite magical. I had a good time sitting out on it and listening to the birds, eventually getting soaking wet from the rain.

Me in the bedroom mirror
Take note of the large skylight, definitely something lovely to have to look up at the stars at night and to wake up to in the morning. Rolling over onto your side and hitting the snooze button to doze off while looking up into the clouds passing overhead is one of the best feelings ever.

The bed
Mornings are kind in the quaint apartment, no rushing. It's almost as if time is not essential in a place like that. Although it's seemingly spacious, the bathroom is extremely tiny. It heats up after taking a shower so when you get out you aren't struck with immense chills.
Hugo, one last time.
And Hugo, one last time before I carry on to a small playlist that sums up my time at the apartment.

"The Apartment"
Lovely Day - Mina Tindle
The Only Thing - Sufjan Stevens
A Sunday Smile - Beirut
Parade - The Antlers
Normal Song - Perfume Genius
Take Me - Sisyphus
Aurora Borealis - Nessey Gallons
Loser - Gregory & the Hawk

LATER!
-
Autumn















posted on

Post a Comment