On the things I wish someone told me when I was younger//LIFE ADVICE


Fortunately, I grew up. I don't say that being a teenager was the worst thing that could happen to me when I was younger. I'd say it was confusing, for a lack of a better word with no one to settle the arguments I had with myself.

I grew, not only did I get slightly taller and significantly smaller in the waist. I was lucky to have people who stayed around when I had a breakdown for my first (unrequited) love, for the time I failed a first test after too many years of being in control of my actions. I was glad I had friends, who I love seeing growing, if anything, away from me, because that's part of thawing out, of evolving and changing.


I evolved and changed, I finally found my voice. I finally decided about the things I love and I finally have an outline of the things I want from life. I learned that disagreeing with an 18-year-old you is not the end of the world: it means that you grew up and that you saw enough things to be able to change your vision. That doesn't mean that you were wrong; it simply means that your options and life widened.

I grew up and while most clichés about growing up are true, they don't make life any less enjoyable, but they give you some perspective. Growing up means seeing things from a different angle, but with the same heart and with more depth.


Dear reader, if you're stuck, if you feel like everything is happening too quickly, remember that life changes and that life changes. Please bear in mind that you are the only one who makes choices about where you're going.

Take your time to recover, to let your flowers grow, to heal and to understand, to say sorry and to get used to loss, to love and to live those feelings to the best extent... remember please, that most bad things come to an end and that there is always a shoulder to cry on and a loving heart to find relief at.

LATER!
 -
McDavid



posted on

Post a Comment